Koen van Gilst
Notable Client Project
- For Stichting Dedicon I created a player for their audio books collections, it's designed specifically for users with visual impairments. The player also has a karaoke function that highlights the text currently being read, which helps children with dyslexia. Demo page (in Dutch)
- The Dutch Chambre of Commerce (KVK) has a high traffic website (about 1.5 million visitors per month) with applications that help companies do business in The Netherlands. As a frontend engineer I'm part of the team building and deploying the new Online Registration web app, which makes it easier for Dutch entrepreneurs to register their business online.
- Platforms: Web, Node.js, Mobile (iOS)
- Frameworks: React, React Native, Redux, Express, Next.js, Svelte, Sapper, jQuery
- Tooling & Testing: react-testing-library, Webpack, Lerna, Babel, Jest, Nock, Detox, Cypress, Git, Unix
- Knowledgeable: CI/CD, Testing, Monorepos, Single Page Apps, Accessibility, Server Side Rendering, Progressive Web Apps, Internationalization
- Services: Docker, Gitlab CI, MongoDB, Postgresql, BuddyBuild, Mixpanel, Google Tag Manager, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud, Jira, Sentry, Bugsnag
- M.A. in Philosophy, Utrecht University (cum laude).
- Minor in Computational Science, Utrecht University.
- Erasmus Student Exchange, Universität Regensburg (Germany).
References, code samples and a copy of my resume upon request.